Responsible for the non-clinical aspects of the day to day operations and administration of the office.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Schedule and coordinate all patient visits
- Answer phones and triage calls accordingly depending on the emergent nature of the situation
- Respond to all requests for medical records in confidence
- Complete disability, FMLA, and return to work forms
- Organize and prepare patient information and records in order to efficiently run office visits
- Keep an updated surgery and administrative meeting schedule
- Correspond with various insurance companies to pre-authorize and obtain approval for patient surgeries
- Keep inventory of medical and office supplies and order as necessary
- Input patient data into the electronic medical records system
- Prepare and timely submit all information necessary for proper billing
- Participate and prepare for ISMIE office assessments
- Minimum amount of travel expected.
- Primary location may change from time to time depending on practice needs.
- All other duties as assigned
ADDITIONAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Execute daily tasks with consistency and timeliness
- Exhibit dependability, availability, and conscientiousness in individual work performance
- Willingness to assist with remote phone coverage for alternate office locations
- Serve as an immediate resource and liaison for physicians, patients, other staff members, etc.
- High School diploma required
- Associate or Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Previous medical experience preferred but not required
- Communication skills and a customer service orientation
- Ability to multitask and perform well in stressful situations
- Excellent organizational and time management skills