COVID-19 Notice to Patients
Dear Patient Families,
We wanted to update you on recent steps we’ve taken in response to the continually evolving Coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic:
We are now asking screening questions prior to your scheduled appointment. If you or anyone in your immediate family answers “yes” to any of the following questions, we are asking that you reschedule your appointment:
- Do you or anyone in your immediate family have a fever of 100.4 or greater?
- Do you or anyone in your immediate family have a respiratory infection, cough, or shortness of
- Have you or anyone in your immediate family had contact with a confirmed case of COVID-19?
- Have you or anyone in your immediate family traveled to a high impact area in the last 2 weeks?
We are limiting the number of patients scheduled each day in our offices so that we can allow for social distancing space between patient families. We are also using Telehealth methods whenever possible to avoid in person visits. Telehealth is the utilization of technology that uses voice and video (such as FaceTime) to conduct a virtual visit. Thank you for your understanding if we may need to adjust your appointment time and method to allow for this spacing.
We implore you keep informed of the updates posted by the below agencies as they will always have the most up to date and reliable information:
- The Centers for Disease Control https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-nCoV/) and https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/community/home/index.html
IF YOU ARE EXPERIENCING SEVERE SHORTNESS OF BREATH, CHEST PAIN OR ANY OTHER SYMPTOM THAT YOU MAY BELIEVE IS LIFE THREATENING – STOP NOW AND CALL 911
We have enacted even more frequent cleaning and disinfecting standards throughout our office, above and beyond normal OSHA standards.
Please don’t hesitate to reach out if you have any questions.
Chief Financial Officer
Cardiac Surgery Associates S.C.