Cardiac Surgery Associates, S.C. seeks a second Clinical Perfusionist in Chicagoland area. A Clinical Perfusionist is required in any medical situation where it is necessary to support or replace a patient’s cardiopulmonary/circulatory function. The Clinical Perfusionist is responsible for the operation of the heart-lung machine, Autotransfusion devices, ECMO, and other associated medical devices.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Manages extra-corporeal circulation through the use of the heart-lung machine, autotransfusion devices and other associated medical equipment specific to the patient’s physiologic, pathologic and metabolic requirements.
- Enter data into the STS data base.
- Adheres to the Essentials and Guidelines of Perfusion Practice defined by the American Society of Extra-Corporeal Technology.
- Critically evaluates individual patient requirements and responds appropriately to uncommon or emergency situations.
- Complies with CLIA regulations for point of care testing.
- Complies with AABB and institutional guidelines for intra-operative autotransfusion procedures.
- Accepts on-call responsibilities on a rotating basis with other Perfusionists.
- Performs routine maintenance of perfusion equipment as needed
- Participates in continuous improvement activities, team meetings, committees and projects. Collaborates with the Chief Perfusionist in any unusual or uncommon perfusion events that may affect patient care.
- Evaluates individual patient requirements and responds appropriately to uncommon or emergency situations.
- Evaluates environmental safety and provides an environment that is safe based on age and developmental status.
- Regularly attends continuing education seminars to update knowledge and improve skills.
- Supports instructional programs for other health team members related to cardiopulmonary bypass.
- Contributes to cardiovascular perfusion clinical outcomes database.
- Certification by American Board of Cardiovascular Perfusion (ABCP).
- Illinois State Perfusion License.
- Ability to be on call; must live within 60 minutes from the hospital.
- New grads are welcome to apply.
- Medical, Dental, Vision
- 401k Employee Contribution
- $1,200 Yearly for CME & 3 paid CME days
- 7 Paid Holidays
- Accrue 4 Weeks of Paid Time Off
- 1 Floating Holiday per year